- From Malham follow the well signed tracks to the Cove.
- From the Cove head up the track to the left (steep and stepped but most dogs should cope ok)
- At the top of the cove follow the Pennine Way path up the dry valley (over 3 stiles, the first all but the smallest dogs should get over ok, the second most small dogs will get under and the last of which you will definitely have to lift your dog over)
- Keep on the path to Malham Tarn
- If very adventurous, follow the path to Gordale Scar or otherwise return (as we did) by the road.
The dog didn't know the clocks went back last night so we had a very early start and were in Malham before 8.00am - about an hours drive from Preston. It was very quiet and easy to park but bear in mind it does get very busy, especially in summer. A great walk which probably would have made a 9/10 if I'd had the confidence to go via Gordale Scar.
Doggy rating 8/10