Keep safe!

Keep safe!
You are responsible for your own safety and that of your dog. The walks listed in this blog are not detailed guides. Plan your route! Click the landrover image for safety advice from Bowland Pennine MRT.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Hello Marley

Last week Marley, an 8 week old Springer, joined the family. He really is a bundle of joy despite the needle teeth and sleepless nights.  I think Finney would be happy that the empty sadness we felt when we lost him has been replaced by love for life and hope for another lifetime of adventures. I can’t put in to words how sad the past 4 months has been but I knew that the only way that sadness would be beaten was to welcome a new pup in to our lives.  The best advice I took was to accept that the hole in your heart left when you lose your best friend will never go but your love for the other things in your life will grow, if you let it, so the hole feels smaller. I can’t wait to show Marley some of our favourite places.


6 comments:

Malcolm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malcolm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malcolm said...

Lovely to see that you have a new companion and can look forward to many more years of happiness. Of course you won't forget Finney but time and Marley will soften the loss. My own dog Ben, a chocolate lab is 13+ and I can see the day coming when it's time but I am making the most of what is left.

Dave said...

Thanks Malcolm. Every day with them is wonderful. Hope Ben has many more happy years with you.

Malcolm said...

Unfortunately I lost Ben in September 2018, he slowly declined over a period of months. He is gone but will not be forgotten. I now have an adolescent German Wirehaired Pointer called Otto who is like the Duracell bunny - he never runs out of energy. Hopefully there will be many years of walkies to look forward to.

Dave said...

Very sorry to hear that Malcolm, and to only have seen your comment a few days ago. Hope that Otto gives you as much joy as Ben. I know that Duracell feeling....especially at 5 in the morning!